We always try to have family dinner once a week. Although we might be busy with our day to day lives, its nice to always make time with family and update each other on our lives and share a meal together. Today, Mike and I made chicken lettuce wraps using P.F. Chang's recipe from food.com. They give you a wonderful recipe that you can cater to depending on how many people you are serving. The stir fry sauce and special sauce is amazing, not to mention a plus for a relatively healthy diet! This recipe is proportionate for 5 servings.
7 1/2 tablespoons oil
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 1/2 cups water chestnut ( you might not need this much. I usually use less.)
1 2/3 cups mushroom
7 1/2 tablespoons chopped onions
2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
10 -12 1/2 leaves iceberg lettuce
5/8 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups water (If you want a more pasty sauce, use less water)
5 tablespoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
5 tablespoons ketchup
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 teaspoon sesame oil
2 1/2 tablespoons hot mustard
5 teaspoons water 2 1/2-5 teaspoons garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce
5 tablespoons soy sauce
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
- Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
- Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
- Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
- Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cool. 9 Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
- As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
- With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
- Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
- Top with"Special Sauce".
Hope you enjoy a wonderful, light dinner!
Til our next Hello,